Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 4 km on the second Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Ann and John Dowsett run this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 8 – 9 km on the last Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Elaine Spencer-White runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Elaine Spencer-White on 01258 821631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Marnhull Short is combined with the Ramblers as a Christmas Special
Thursday 13th December at 10.45
Meeting at ‘The Crown Inn’, Marnhull, DT10 1LN.
Assemble at the pub at 10.45am. We depart at 11.00.
The route will be stile-free about 5 km for about 1 1/2 hours. The walks will be in fields, around lanes and route towards Hinton St Mary via Moorside.
Length is 4 km with no stiles.
All welcome, but please keep your dogs on leads. Be aware that there are pheasants breeding pens in the area.
Call the walk leaders Elaine, call 821 631 in case of possible cancellation due to bad weather.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 31st January 2019 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start.
Meeting at TBD
Route – tbd
The route is about 8 km.
All welcome. livestock in some fields so any dogs must remain under close control accordance with the Countryside Code. Don’t forget bags for cleaning up after them too!
TBD will lead the walk and should be contacted onTBD in case of bad weather cancellation.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.