Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 2 1/2 miles on the second Wednesday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Ros Eveleigh runs this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 5 – 6 miles on the last Wednesday or Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Colin Fancourt runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Colin Fancourt on 01258 821161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Marnhull Short
Wednesday 12th April 2017 at 10.45 am for an 11 am start
Meeting at The Crown Inn, Marnhull, DT10 1LN
This walk will be about 2 1/2 miles with a few stiles.
The will explore the pathways to the north of Marnhull.
Dogs are welcome, but will need to be kept under strict control.
Ros will lead the walk. In case of possible cancellation call Ros on 821049.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 27th April 2017 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start, lunching at a tea room, Pine Lodge Tea Room, DT2 8QL, 01305 266052, place your orders there before the way or by phone. Menu to follow.
Meet at Higher Bockhampton car park, nr Dorchester, DT2 8QJ
The ramble is near Hardy’s Cottage and includes a bit of everything – woodland, heath, meadows, road, waterway.
Overall, about 8 km with 13 stiles.
Dogs welcome, but they need to be kept under control, particularly at the stiles. Special care should be taken as there is deer shooting all year round in the woods
Mike and Fran will lead the walk and should be contacted on 07557 643072 in case of possible cancellation due to inclement weather.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.