Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 4 km on the second Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Sioban Boyce runs this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 8 – 9 km on the last Wednesday or Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Colin Fancourt runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Colin Fancourt on 01258 821161 or email@example.com
Next Marnhull Short
Thursday 14th December at 10.45 for 11 am start.
Meeting at The Crown Inn, Marnhull, DT10 1LN
A Ramble/Short Combo
The walk will be through fields and along lanes. It is 4 km long with 1 stile. The walk goes through a smallholding, and dogs will have to be on a lead for half the time
All welcome, any dogs must remain under close control in accordance with the Countryside Code. Please also be aware of other walkers when taking your dog over stiles
Call Dawn on 820642 in case of cancellation.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 14th December 2017 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start.
Meeting at The Crown Inn, The Square, Marnhull, DT10 1LN.
Our Christmas Ramble Short Combo!
The walks will be in fields, around lanes and will pass through a smallholding, so dogs will need to be on leads for about half the time.
The route is a figure of 8, passing The Crown at 11.00 to meet up with the Shorts. is about 8 km with 1 stile.
All welcome. any dogs must remain under close control accordance with the Countryside Code. Don’t forget bags for cleaning up after them too!
Dawn and Jackie will lead the walk and Dawn should be contacted on 820642 in case of cancellation.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.