Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 4 km on the second Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Sioban Boyce runs this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 8 – 9 km on the last Wednesday or Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Colin Fancourt runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Colin Fancourt on 01258 821161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Marnhull Short
There is no Marnhull Short walk in August. The next walk will be in September.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 24th August 2017 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start.
Meeting at “The Hambro Arms”, Milton Abbas, DT11 0BP.
The route is about 7 km long with no stiles.
The route follows the Jubilee Trail through forest trails at the start, before emerging into open downland with far reaching views across this part of Dorset. There is one moderate but short climate at the start, and one longer but still moderate climb further on.
All welcome, any dogs must remain under close control in accordance with the Countryside Code
Peter and Dorinder will lead the walk and should be contacted on 821211 in case of possible cancellation due to inclement weather.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.