Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 4 km on the second Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Sioban Boyce runs this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 8 – 9 km on the last Wednesday or Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Colin Fancourt runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Colin Fancourt on 01258 821161 or email@example.com
Next Marnhull Short
Thursday 8th August at 10.45
Meeting at ‘The Blackmore Vale Inn’, Marnhull, DT10 1JJ.
Assemble at the Blackmore Vale at 10.45am – when you can book an optional lunch or light snack, there is a limited (but nice) menu. We depart at 11.00.
We will be walking mainly through fields but there are a few short stretches on roads..
Length is 5 km with neither stiles nor mud. It could be hot, so bring water with you.
All welcome, any dogs must remain under close control in accordance with the Countryside Code. There may be sheep in one field. Please also be aware of other walkers when taking your dog over stiles.
Call Helen on 821767 in case of possible cancellation due to bad weather.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 23rd August 2018 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start.
Meeting at ‘The Brace of Pheasants’, Plush, DT2 7RQ.
Route – around Luscombe Down, Steep climb out of village then track and grassland for the rest of the trail on top of the down.
The route is about 7.5 km and a couple of stiles, but with one steepish ascents.
All welcome. any dogs must remain under close control accordance with the Countryside Code. Don’t forget bags for cleaning up after them too!
Elaine will lead the walk and should be contacted on 821631 in case of bad weather cancellation.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.