Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 2 1/2 miles on the second Wednesday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Sioban Boyce runs this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 5 – 6 miles on the last Wednesday or Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Colin Fancourt runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Colin Fancourt on 01258 821161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Marnhull Short
Wednesday 14th June 2017 at 11.00 am for an 11.15 am start
Meeting at The White Horse, Hinton St Mary, DT10 1NA
This walk will be about 4 km with no stiles, beware of stinging nettles if you are thinking of wearing shorts.
We will make our way down to and along the River Stour to Cut Mill and then back through woods and along field edges.
Dogs are welcome, but will need to be kept under strict control.
Audrey will lead the walk. In case of possible cancellation call her on 821730.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 29th June 2017 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start.
Meeting at “The Bennet Arms”, Semley, SP7 9AS. The turning for Semley is 1 km of Shaftesbury on the A350. For those not familiar with Semley – it is a charming & quintessentially English country village just over the border in Wiltshire.
The route is about 8 km long with a couple of stiles.
It is undulating with a steepish descent down a woodland trail at the end. The walk is largely in two phases – farm pastures/quiet country lanes, followed by extensive woodland trails.
All welcome, any dogs must remain under close control in accordance with the Countryside Code
Colin and Maggie will lead the walk and should be contacted on 821161 in case of possible cancellation due to inclement weather.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.