Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 4 km on the second Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Sioban Boyce runs this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 8 – 9 km on the last Wednesday or Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Colin Fancourt runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Colin Fancourt on 01258 821121 or email@example.com.
Next Marnhull Short
Thursday 11th October at 10.45
Meeting at ‘The Trooper Inn’, Stourton Caundle, DT10 2JW.
Assemble at the pub at 10.45am – choice of soup and sandwiches only this time. We depart at 11.00.
The walk will take us across fields with some gentle gradients.
Length is 4 km with a couple of stiles.
All welcome, but this time, no dogs.
Call the walk leader, Steven Bland, on 820 171 in case of possible cancellation due to bad weather.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 25th October 2018 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start.
Meeting at ‘The Hunters Moon’, Middlemarsh, DT9 5QN. The pub has a good sized car park, and is on the main A352 Sherborne to Dorchester road. Entrance on LHS as you travel southward towards Dorchester.
Route – Fairly easy going walk in and around mixed woodland and vale.
The route is about 7 km.
All welcome. any dogs must remain under close control accordance with the Countryside Code. Don’t forget bags for cleaning up after them too!
Colin will lead the walk and should be contacted on 821 161 in case of bad weather cancellation.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.