Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 4 km on the second Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Sioban Boyce runs this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 8 – 9 km on the last Wednesday or Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Colin Fancourt runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Colin Fancourt on 01258 821161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Marnhull Short
Thursday 12th Aril at 10.45
Meeting at ‘The White Horse Inn’ Hinton St Mary, DT10 1NA.
The walk has one stile is mainly flattish though gently up hill at times
4 km with one stile.
All welcome, any dogs must remain under close control in accordance with the Countryside Code. Please also be aware of other walkers when taking your dog over stiles.
Call Anne on 821534 or +44 7946 797332 in case of bad weather cancellation.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 26th April 2018 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start.
Meeting at The Cricketers, Main Street, Shroton, DT11 8QD. Parking in the pub car park is limited, so please fill your cars! If you find it full, turn left out of the car park and down Main Street, where there is parking about 200 yards down on the left, opposite a church
The route mainly circles Hambledon Hill, a Neolithic fort and has one steepish ascent and descent, over the Hill’s shoulder. Only one or two stiles.
The route is about 7 km and no stiles.
All welcome. any dogs must remain under close control accordance with the Countryside Code. Don’t forget bags for cleaning up after them too!
Mike Bath will lead the walk and should be contacted on 07557 643072 in case of bad weather cancellation.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.