Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 4 km on the second Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Sioban Boyce runs this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 8 – 9 km on the last Wednesday or Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Colin Fancourt runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Colin Fancourt on 01258 821161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Marnhull Short
Thursday 12th September at 10.45 for 11 am start.
Meeting at The Stapleton Arms, Church Hill, Buckhorn Weston, SP8 5HS
The walk is 4 km long with 5 stiles. The walk is mainly on fields and track, but has a section at the end which is on a quiet road back to the village.
All welcome, any dogs must remain under close control in accordance with the Countryside Code
Call Keith and Julie on 820120 in case of cancellation.
Next Marnhull Ramble
Thursday 26th October 2017 at 9.30 am for a 10 am start.
Meeting at The Fox and Hounds, The Green, East Knoyle, SP3 6BN.
The route is about 8.5km. All welcome. any dogs must remain under close control accordance with the Countryside Code. Don’t forget bags for cleaning up after them too!
Anne and John will lead the walk and should be contacted on 821534.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.