Marnhull Ramblers and Shorts are a social walking groups who meet twice a month for a circular walk and pub lunch. The two walks are:
A shorter walk of around 4 km on the second Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 10.45 am for an 11 am start. The walks start is within a 20 minute or so driving distance of Marnhull. Ann and John Dowsett run this group and they are called the Marnhull Shorts.
A longer walk of around 8 – 9 km on the last Thursday of the month, generally meeting at 9.30 am for a 10 am start. These walks are usually within a 40 minute drive of Marnhull. Elaine Spencer-White runs this group known as the Marnhull Ramblers.
We maintain an email distribution list which is common for both walks, so everyone gets to know about all the walking opportunities. The details of the walks are emailed just before the start of each month and posters are put up at the village stores in Marnhull and the Recreation Ground notice board for those without email.
For more information contact Elaine Spencer-White on 01258 821631 or [email protected].
Next Marnhull Amble
Date: 13th AprilTime 10.30 Pre-order meals and be ready to leave by 11amPlace: The Crown Inn, Back Street, East Stour. SP8 5JSRoute: 5kmLeader: Julie Reeves 820120Dogs: Welcome but in compliance with country code
Next Marnhull Ramble
Date: Thursday 29 June
Time: Meet at 9.30 to pre-order meals, and be ready to leave by 10am
Pub:The Saxon Inn, Gold Hill, Child Okeford. DT10 8HD
Distance: 8 km. Tracks and lanes to Hammoon, towards Shillingstone and back to Child Okeford.
Leader: Stephen Boyce
Tel: 01258 820853
Dogs: Welcome, but in compliance with the Countryside Code.
In case of cancellation
- The decision to cancel a walk will rest with that walk’s leader who will have regard to the weather and the walk’s terrain.
- If a walk is cancelled the leader should contact me & I will try to send out a notification email to the usual group – however this may be decided as late as the evening beforehand.
- If anyone is in doubt whether the walk will take place, prior to or early (before 9.00am ) on the walk morning – please give the walk’s leader a phone call to check.
- The leaders phone number will be included on the posters, and also on email notices.
- The leader will be responsible for informing the chosen pub.
- Marnhull Ramblers
- Messenger Archives