Volunteering is a brilliant way to get to know people and maybe find you have hidden talents. However, if you aren’t being paid, you probably don’t want to travel too far. This page is the place to look if you would like to find out about volunteer opportunities in Marnhull and the neighbouring towns.
Dorset County Council has set up a web site for people looking for and/or offering help. This covers the whole of Dorset excluding Bournemouth and Poole. If you want to see what is happening in the wider area, go to their web site www.volunteeringdorset.org.uk/about+us
For more information contact Ros Eveleigh on 01258 821049 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, just register using the post box below.
Volunteering at Stalbridge Library
Stalbridge Library is entirely volunteer led and run since DCC took away its funding over 5 years ago. You only have to offer to do two 3 hour sessions a month, but you might want to volunteer for an extra shift to maintain cover when others go on holiday. You are given full training on systems and data protection.
Email Stalbridgelibrary@gmail.com or call on 01963 362142 if you would like to join the team.
Using Stalbridge Library
As well as its own ample stock of books, the library has access to over half a million titles through its links with other libraries in the south west. It offers the usual facilities of ordering books and membership of Stalbridge Library gives you membership of all DCC libraries. The library is open 6 days a week with a late night on Thursdays.
The library also boasts and excellent website, www.stalbridgelibrary.org
- The North Dorset Citizens Advice is actively recruiting volunteer advisers at the moment. The offer full professional training and ongoing support for advisers. For more information contact Elaine Morley by email at email@example.com or call 011747835016.
- Help at the school, all kinds of activities. Call 820206 or visit stgregorymarnhull.dorset.sch.uk/volunteer/
- Join the audio system team at St Gregory’s Church on Sundays and Wednesday mornings (in term time). Call Alan Lloyd on 821135
- Become a leader in the Walks for Health team at Sturminster Newton. There is a free training session and walks take place every Monday afternoon. Contact Helen Butler on 821767 to find out more
- Marnhull POPPin Café would love to have helpers at this busy village institution, held 3rd Friday of the month. Contact Linda on 820131.
- Marhull Lunch Club needs volunteers to help to set up and put away the tables and chairs. The Lunch Club is held on the first Friday of the month, contact Norval on 820058.