Volunteering is a brilliant way to get to know people and maybe find you have hidden talents. However, if you aren’t being paid, you probably don’t want to travel too far. This page is the place to look if you would like to find out about volunteer opportunities in Marnhull and the neighbouring towns.
There is a Volunteering Fair at Stour Connect in Sturminster Newton. For more information look here!
For more information contact Ros Eveleigh on 01258 821049 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, just register using the post box below.
Volunteering at St Gregory’s School
I am an engineer and visited St Gregory’s for their Science Day. I helped the children set up experiments to find out how suitable different materials were for making a bridge, observed the experiments underway in other classes and answered questions about what life was like as a scientist. After the day I received thank you letters from the children letting me know what they had learnt that day.
The children sent a number of letters, this was one …
Thank you for helping Owls Class with our experiment about bridges. In assembly at the end of the day, each class showed what they did. Firstly Hedgehogs made sea in a bottle. What a fabulous day!
- Join the litter picking group by contacting John on 01258 269743
- Help at the school, all kinds of activities. Call 820206 or visit stgregorymarnhull.dorset.sch.uk/volunteer/
- Join the audio system team at St Gregory’s Church on Sundays and Wednesday mornings (in term time). Call Alan Lloyd on 821135
- Become a leader in the Walks for Health team at Sturminster Newton. There is a free training session and walks take place every Monday afternoon. Contact Helen Butler on 821767 to find out more
- Marnhull POPPin Café would love to have helpers at this busy village institution, held 3rd Friday of the month. Contact Linda on 820131.
- Marhull Lunch Club needs volunteers to help to set up and put away the tables and chairs. The Lunch Club is held on the first Friday of the month, contact Norval on 820058.
Details of Volunteer Opportunities
To come …